Red River Riding Association
Date: September 11, 2023
Time meeting started: 7:05pm
Location: RED RIVER RIDING ASSOCIATION ARENA
3307 FM 1177
Wichita Falls, TX
Carol & Travis
Kevin and Stacy
Ashley Pridemore(via phone)
1. Next Playday is Oct. 7th.
2. July Makeup Playday - It was discussed and voted unanimously to makeup the playday on Oct 21st keeping the same register and start times as currently and to also make it a Halloween costume playday.
3. October Workday Crew- this workday is for Katy Griffith, Ashley Pridemore, Sowell family, Travis & Carol, Sharp family & Bailey family, and the Mudd family. These monthly workdays are a requirement for the families of the particular month to qualify for year end awards. Each family is scheduled for 2 of these workdays (which can be done at any point during your month scheduled). An officer for that particular month will text the ones under their month for a reminder and when you decide to do your workday during your month please contact the officer so they can mark you down that you completed your workday.
4. Projects to start- Covering the pavilion & putting electricity in (main priority)
Running water lines around arena (main priority)
Putting up more lights (lower priority)
5. Upcoming Parade- The Burkburnett Homecoming parade will be our next parade on September 13th. Line up is at 6 PM and starts at 6:30. We will line up at Ave D & 4th street. RRRA is #16 in Section 6. Anyone that is going to ride in the parade please get with Becky to make sure she has a head count and everyone has what they need.
CHRISTMAS PARADE WILL BE DECEMBER 9TH.
6. For Sale- 13 huge arena lights. They are our older ones but they still work. Check out our For Sale page and spread the word!!!
7. Start thinking about Year End Awards & Banquet. We will begin raffle on a saddle and WINNER will be announced at the Banquet.
8. We discussed hopefully starting some Team Sorting in November & December and also some open barrel racing jackpots.
Carol motioned to close meeting. Kevin second the motion.
Meeting adjourned at 7:30 pm.
Members please remember to check website for your scheduled workday, if the day you are scheduled for is not convenient let us know and we will reschedule you.
WORK THAT NEEDS TO BE DONE:
⚫️ RETURN ALLEY
⚫️ STRIPPING CHUTE RE-DONE
⚫️ ROPING CHUTE
⚫️ RE-STRETCH WIRE & FIX ON SE CORNER & AROUND ARENA
⚫️ ARENA GATES ON SOUTH & NORTH ENDS REPLACE BAD PIPE
⚫️ ANNOUNCERS STAND STEPS & WALKWAY
⚫️ GATE IN BULL ALLEY
⚫️ GATES IN BULL PENS
⚫️ WATER TO CALF PENS
⚫️ MOVE BLUE TANK OUT OF RHE WAY
⚫️ CHECK ALL BLEACHERS & REPLACE ANY BOARDS (HOPEFULLY W/C-PURLIN)
⚫️ GATE SEPARATING CALF PENS AND RETURNS ALLEY NEEDS WELDED
⚫️ ARENA NEEDS TO BE SLOPED TO DRAIN & ALL AROUND ARENA NEEDS TO BE CLEARED SO IT WILL DRAIN TO THE EAST
PAINTING IS ALWAYS NEEDED AND IS IN THE CONCESSION. IF A COLOR IS NOT THERE PLEASE BUY IT AND KEEP THE RECEIPT SO YOU CAN BE REIMBURSED.
ALL CONTACT INFORMATION WILL BE GIVEN TO ALL MEMBERS TO CONTACT ANYONE TO HELP YOU WITH ANY OF THESE PROJECTS. CALL ANYONE TO TELL THEM YOU WANT TO WORK ON A PROJECT.
Check website for more information
WORKDAYS FOR NEXT YEAR TO QUALIFY TO BE A MEMBER: Each Family will be signed up by the President to take care of arena all year as a member.
AGAIN WHEN YOU JOIN UP TO THE ASSOCIATION TO BE A MEMBER YOU ARE TO ABIDE BY THE RULES TO QUALIFY FOR ANY KIND OF BENEFITS THE CLUB HAS TO OFFER
UPCOMING EVENTS/DUE DATES:
September 2nd Playday- Barrel & Pole Exhibitions -
Register @ NOON and start @ 1pm.... Playday is register @ 1pm & STARTS @ 2 pm
READ THE BY-LAW BOOK-- What it takes to be a member.
If you do not have a By-Law book please contact Becky via text or call 940-337-2633.